CLEAR Corporate Solutions is looking for a Recruitment Consultant.
You will work with CLEAR’s client, an Australian-based labour hire firm. Our client helps companies in the logistics, food manufacturing, civil construction & landscaping industries with managed labour and staffing solutions.
Our client is a specialist labour hire company offering highly flexible short and long-term workforce management solutions to businesses.
Your new role is to support our client’s Australian operations. The role requires efficient and sensitive management of inbound communication and liaison with internal staff, candidates and clients.
As a Recruitment Consultant, you will:
- Manage virtual reception for our client, handling inbound calls and emails
- Manage stakeholders (external contacts i.e. candidates, clients, etc.)
- Contribute to team efficiencies by accomplishing related tasks, as requested
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Drafting and posting of job advertisements
- Reviewing of applications and resumes
- Screening of applicants through phone
- Organising and holding interviews
- Conducting Reference Checks of the candidates
- Assist clients in their job requests (Job Orders, Shift Queries)
- As requested by Branch Consultants or client, contact and place preferred candidates
- Update clients on candidate who confirmed and who needs replacement
- Cancel candidates as requested by Branch Consultants
- Fill-in the vacant orders by contacting available candidates
- Create placements, update client card and candidate card using client’s existing system
- Coordinate with clients and Branch Consultants with regards to job orders, absences, tardiness and replacement of candidates
- Complete candidate confirmations for client rosters
- Ensure database is updated at all times
- Complete candidates’ availability checks in preparation for Consultants to do the roster
- Complete tasks and email requirements in a timely manner
- Screen resumes and booking interviews as required
- Screen candidates to check suitability on the job orders
- Run virtual reception for offices as required
- Managing payroll queries
- Candidate care
- Perform other duties as requested by the client or assigned by the management.
- Keen to details with ability to work independently or with minimal supervision
- Technologically adept and highly trainable in new skills and software
- Strong multi-tasking, organizational and time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with great call handling skills
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Proficient with MS Office applications
- Working knowledge in service desk ticketing system
- Strong end-to-end recruitment background is an advantage
Minimum internet speed requirement for an effective WFH is at least 10 mbps on a postpaid subscription to any internet service provider (ISP). And to be eligible to the monthly internet subsidy must have a back-up internet connection or prepaid device (pocket WiFi or router) with a network different from the main ISP.
CLEAR provides the PC set with freight expense coverage.