Senior Bookkeeper with Australian account experience
CLEAR Corporate is seeking for an outstanding Senior Bookkeeper to join our specialist team of bookkeepers working for Australian clients from a range of industries.
The Senior Bookkeeper provides excellent bookkeeping services to help our clients in managing their financial affairs.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for:
- Recording financial transactions into our clients’ bookkeeping systems
- Assisting the supervisors and/or managers in producing financial reports
- Processing financial documents as needed by the clients.
Daily responsibilities include:
- Record financial transactions and complete the posting process to Xero and other cloud-based bookkeeping systems
- Review account codes and re-coding of transactions
- Process purchase and sales invoices
- Verify that invoices and transactions comply with Purchase Orders
- Process authorised payment to supplier’s invoices in an accurate and timely manner
- Reconcile bank transactions, general ledger accounts and other accounts
- Review and balance of Balance Sheet and P&L account codes
- Encode and post journal entries for accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Complete year-end GST reconciliation with ATO lodgement documentation
- Prepare draft of Business Activity Statements (BAS’s) and Instalment Activity Statements (IAS’s) for review by the Accountants
- Process payroll including payroll file payment and bank uploads
- Process expense claims and reimbursements
- Reconcile payroll and superannuation accounts
- Assist with month end accounting process including Payroll and Accounts Payable journals
- Manage accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Prepare and pay payroll tax returns (monthly) and reconciliation on annual basis
- Assist in preparing draft Income Tax Returns for review by the Accountants when requested
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing other tasks as requested by the client and/or management.
- Strong Australian Account experience (BAS, IAS preparation)
- Great attention to details and adaptable to changes
- High degree of English proficiency (verbal and written)
- Reliable, can work independently and open to criticism
- Problem-solver and pro-active in innovations
- At least 2 years’ experience with Australian Bookkeeping
- Proficient knowledge and experience in Xero and Australian payroll
- Minimum 5 years working experience in accounting role
- Proficient with Microsoft Applications (Outlook, Excel, Teams)
- Working knowledge on MYOB, Quickbooks is an advantage
- Fit to work status upon completion of Pre-Employment Medical Exam with drug test & valid NBI Clearance or initially a proof of confirmed appointment for NBI Clearance
CLEAR provides the PC set with freight expense coverage.